CSS Exam in Pakistan
The CSS (Central Superior Services) exam in Pakistan is a competitive examination held annually by the Federal Public Service Commission (FPSC) for recruitment to the various branches of the civil service in the country. The exam is open to Pakistani citizens who hold a bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification. The exam consists of a written test and an interview process. The written test covers a wide range of subjects including English, General Knowledge, and various optional subjects such as Economics, International Relations, and Law. The interview process is conducted by the FPSC and is designed to assess the candidate’s suitability for the civil service. Successful candidates are then appointed to various government positions in the country.
Recommended Books for CSS Exam in Pakistan
Recommended books for Essay CSS Exam
There are several books that are recommended for the essay portion of the CSS exam in Pakistan. Some of the most popular and widely used books include:
- “The Art of Writing English Literature Essays” by Michael Meally
- “Better Writing now” by Francine D.Galko, Learning Express
- “How to Write Good Essays” by Lauren Starkey, Learning Express
It is important to note that these books are just a guide and it is necessary to practice writing essays.
Recommended books for English Precis and Composition CSS Exam
Here are some books that are recommended for the English Precis and Composition section of the CSS exam in Pakistan:
- “High School English Grammar and Composition” by Wren and Martin, OXFORD
- “Polymer English Grammar and Composition for B.A” Chishty, B. A. R. A. Khan, S. A. Hamid
- “Exploring the world of English” Syed Saadat Ali shah, ILMI
- “Vocabulary” of SAT or GAT books
It is important to note that these books are just a guide and it is necessary to have good knowledge of the English language, understand the rules of grammar and sentence structure, and practice writing precis and compositions.
Recommended books for General Science and Ability CSS Exam
Here are some books that are recommended for the General Science and Ability section of the CSS exam in Pakistan:
- “General Science & Ability” by Muhammad Akram Kashmiri
- FSc Biology, Chemistry and Physics books may be used
Additionally, reading different sources, newspapers, and articles, and solving different types of questions are also important to excel in the exam. It is also recommended to brush up on basic concepts of mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology and computer science.
Recommended books for Pakistan Affairs CSS Exam
Here are some books that are recommended for the Pakistan Affairs section of the CSS exam in Pakistan:
- “Pakistan: A hard country” Aatol Leivin, OXFORD
- “Pakistan Affairs” by Ikram Rabbani
- “World Affairs” by Shamshad Ahmed
- “Struggle for Pakistan” by Ishtiaq Hussain Quraishi
It is necessary to keep up with current affairs, have good knowledge of the history, political and social issues of Pakistan, and be familiar with the Constitution and laws of the country. Additionally, reading different sources, newspapers, and articles and practicing answers to the questions of past papers are also important to excel in the exam.
Here are some books that are recommended for the current affairs for the CSS exam:
- “The News International” – Daily Newspaper
- “Dawn” – Daily Newspaper
- “Foreign Policy of Pakistan” by Abdul Sattar, OXFORD
- The Diplomat
- The Economist
- Research papers
It is necessary to keep up with current affairs by reading newspapers, news websites and magazines. Additionally, practice writing on current affairs topics and reading different sources is also important to excel in the exam.
Recommended books for Islamic Studies CSS Exam
Here are some books that are recommended for the Islamic Studies section of the CSS exam in Pakistan:
- “Islamic Studies” by Hafiz Karim Dad Chughtai
- “Introduction to Islam” by Hamidullah
It is important to note that one should have a good knowledge of the Quran, Hadith, and the history of Islam, as well as its teachings and principles. It is also recommended to have a good understanding of the contemporary issues related to Islam and the Muslim world.
The books for Optional Subjects will be added soon.